We are all unique individuals. Just like the differences in hair color, eye color, height and other observable characteristics, we all have a personal genetic makeup that causes our bodies to break down medications in a unique way. No two people will respond exactly the same way when given a medication or combinations of medications.
According to the Journal of the American Medical Association, Adverse Drug Reactions (ADRs) have consistently ranked as the fourth to sixth leading cause of hospitalizations and fatalities over the last 30 years. Dr. Leeman recognizes that a “one size fits all” approach to medicine is neither safe nor effective. With the help of pharmacogenomics tests and actionable reports, Dr. Leeman is able to identify and prescribe the most accurate and appropriate medicine and dosage for his patients.
Medication sensitivity tests remain accurate throughout your entire life. These tests will help Dr. Leeman and other physicians make more informed and personalized decisions when prescribing medications for you in the future.
Take the first step towards more personalized care with medication sensitivity tests that will determine how well you metabolize medicine and which drugs you may want to avoid. Medication sensitivity testing consists of the following five simple steps.
- Sample Collection: A small cheek swab is collected from the inside of your mouth.
- Sample Processing: Your sample is expedited to Genotox Labs for testing and processing.
- Lab Results: Test results are sent to Dr. Leeman within 2-7 days.
- Interpretation: Based on your results, your physician receives guidelines informing what medications and dosing changes would be best for you.
- Insurance Processing: Your insurance is billed for the testing.