ClariFix® for Chronic Rhinitis
Constantly wondering how to get rid of a runny, stuffy nose? Does it just never seem to go away?
How about these symptoms?
- Post nasal drip
- Sneezing off and on
- Trouble falling asleep and staying asleep due to nasal symptoms
You are likely experiencing what’s known as Rhinitis, and when your symptoms occur frequently, it’s known as Chronic Rhinitis. Rhinitis symptoms are caused by inflammation of the mucous membranes in your nose, and the inflammation can be triggered by allergic and non-allergic sources.
Sufferers of chronic rhinitis already know the pain and inconvenience that it can cause. The symptoms of chronic rhinitis like stuffy nose and sore throat may seem insignificant, but over time they can lead to fatigue and cause you to miss out on the stuff you love.
At Daniel Leeman MD, we offer a long-term treatment option for chronic rhinitis called ClariFix®. ClariFix® can help treat runny nose, nasal congestion, sore throat, and postnasal drip. So, it's time to get back to living life the way you want. Schedule with us to start your journey to better sinus health.
I want to discuss my treatment options
Are you one of more than 24 million people in the U.S. who suffer from Chronic Rhinitis?
If you are, and treatment sprays, drops, and pills have failed to relieve your frustrating runny nose, we have good news for you! Austin ENT specialist Dr. Daniel Leeman is one of the selected physicians in the country that can offer you a new and innovative treatment option performed right in the office.
It’s called ClariFix® Cryotherapy.
ClariFix® takes a different approach to treating Chronic Rhinitis. By using cryotherapy to cool your inflamed nasal tissue and the underlying nerves, you get long-term relief from a brief, convenient procedure that works.
Watch this short video to learn more about ClariFix.
ClariFix® works to treat:
- Allergic Rhinitis – This is commonly known as hay fever and is the result of non-infectious agents such as plant pollens, molds, dust mites, and animal dander. When you have a sensitivity to these allergens, your immune system responds by releasing chemicals that dilate blood vessels in your nose causing swollen membranes, sneezing, and congestion. Additional symptoms can include itchy eyes, nose, or throat.
- Non-Allergic Rhinitis - Also known as vasomotor rhinitis, this type doesn’t involve your immune system. The exact cause of non-allergic rhinitis is unknown, but the results are similar to allergic rhinitis: blood vessels in your nose expand filling your nasal membranes with blood and fluid. Triggers for non-allergic rhinitis can be irritants like strong odors, chemical fumes and pollution, changes in the weather (especially coldness), cigarette smoke, foods and beverages, certain medications, hormone changes, and underlying health problems.
Is ClariFix® Effective?
ClariFix® is an effective, minimally invasive in-office procedure that has proven to reduce symptoms and have a short recovery period. In a clinical study done, every 4 out of 5 people report long-lasting relief from their painful rhinitis symptoms.
You don't have to put up with painful nose and sinus symptoms.
At Daniel Leeman, we offer several minimally invasive procedures that can effectively relieve you of your chronic sinus pain. We believe that no one should go through life suffering from sinus pain while thinking that there isn't a treatment to help. This is why we work closely with every patient to devise a treatment plan that will work with their unique health needs.
Let us be your guide to better sinus health today. Now, you can stop the drip and unclog your nose with real relief – ClariFix®!
What is Balloon Sinuplasty?
With traditional sinus surgery, the surgeon removes tissue and bone to make the sinus opening bigger to help clear blocked sinuses and restore proper sinus drainage. Also, recovery after a sinus surgery procedure can often involves carring and pain.
With a Balloon Sinuplasty procedure, the surgeon dilates the sinus openings which can clear up any infection and restore normal drainage. On average, the Balloon Sinuplasty procedure takes around an hour.
Other benefits include:
- No cutting or removal of tissue or bones like traditional sinus surgery
- Less bleeding
- Helps preserve healthy mucus membranes, nasal tissues, and structure
- Lower infection risk than with traditional sinus surgery
- 95% success rate
How Much Does Balloon Sinuplasty Cost?
Choosing Balloon Sinuplasty over traditional sinus surgeries can save you both money and time. You will have minimal time off work, none of the costs associated with surgery in a hospital, no long recovery, and, best of all, Balloon Sinuplasty is covered by most insurances. In fact, in 2014, the American Academy of Otolaryngology issued a statement calling for all medical insurance companies to consider providing coverage for the cost of the Balloon Sinuplasty procedure.
However, some insurance companies continue to make it difficult to qualify for Balloon Sinuplasty. Several consider it to be an elective procedure that should not be covered.
To find out if your policy covers Balloon Sinuplasty, contact your insurance company. It is always a good idea to check with your insurance company to be sure you understand all of your plan's features.
Why Should I Choose Dr. Leeman for my Balloon Sinuplasty Procedure
Dr. Leeman is a double board-certified plastic and reconstructive surgeon. He is also a member of the American Board of Otolaryngology/Head & Neck Surgery. As such, he has been specially trained in the anatomy, physiology, and treatment of diseases of the ear, nose, throat, neck, and head.
With his experience serving the Austin community for nearly 20 years, he has diagnosed and performed many successful procedures to treat these areas of the body, using the most up-to-date techniques—both surgical and non-surgical.
If you have any other questions about what Balloon Sinuplasty could do for you, feel free to schedule an appointment and we would be happy to discuss everything in more detail.